Acts 1:8 NLT
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be My witnesses, telling people about Me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
Acts 2:46-47 NLT
They worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord's Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity— all the while praising God and enjoying the goodwill of all the people. And each day the Lord added to their fellowship those who were being saved.
When I say to a wicked person, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn them or speak out to dissuade them from their evil ways in order to save their life, that wicked person will die for their sin, and I will hold you accountable for their blood. But if you do warn the wicked person and they do not turn from their wickedness or from their evil ways, they will die for their sin; but you will have saved yourself.
"Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn't he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
1. What in these passages tells us that the responsibility of telling others about Christ belongs to everyone, not just pastors, preachers and church staff?
2. What do you think God feels about churches in which few people are saved or baptized? Who is to blame?
3. How can you be more intentional about sharing Christ with others and plugging them into a church where they can grow in their faith?
1. Pray for yourself and our church – that God would give us His burden for those who are lost spiritually and do not know Christ.
2. Pray that we (you) would be faithful to share the Gospel with others seven days a week.
3. Pray that many would come to faith in Christ, have their sins forgiven, be adopted as God’s children, receive eternal life and be baptized as His new disciples.
4. Make a list of those you know who need Christ. Begin praying for them and for the opportunity to share Christ with them and invite them to church.