"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we (do all of these things for you?)’ … "The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'
Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward them for what they have done.
1 John 3:17-18 NLT
If someone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need but shows no compassion—how can God's love be in that person? Dear children, let's not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions.
Matthew 5:16-17 GNB
In the same way your light must shine before people, so that they will see the good things you do and praise your Father in heaven. "Do not think that I have come to do away with the Law of Moses and the teachings of the prophets. I have not come to do away with them, but to make their teachings come true.
1. How is meeting the needs of others, especially of the poor and suffering, an act of worship toward Christ?
2. What does God promise to those who are kind to the poor?
3. What does compassion (or the lack of it) reveal about our faith, relationship with God and character?
4. What should be our motive for showing compassion for others?
1. Pray for yourself and our church – that we would grow more and more in our compassion for others - especially the lost and suffering – and that this compassion would lead to action, service and obedience.
Pray for the compassion ministries we participate in and sponsor:
• Soles4Souls - Shoes for children in need
• Manna Pack - Nutritional food packages for distribution worldwide
• Rivers of Mercy Orphanage - Located in Juarez
• Gospel Rescue Mission -
• Community of Hope -
• Care Net Pregnancy Center
• Turning Point Pregnancy Center
• Good News Jail and Prison Ministry