Ephesians 5:21-33 NLT
And further, submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. 22For wives, this means submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23For a husband is the head of His wife as Christ is the head of the church. He is the Savior of His body, the church. 24As the church submits to Christ, so you wives should submit to your husbands in everything. 25For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up His life for her… 31As the Scriptures say, "A man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one." 32This is a great mystery, but it is an illustration of the way Christ and the church are one. 33So again I say, each man must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
Titus 2:2-6 ERV
Teach the older men to have self-control, to be serious, and to be wise. They must be strong in faith, in love, and in patience. 3Also, teach the older women to live the way those who serve the Lord should live. They should not go around saying bad things about others or be in the habit of drinking too much. They should teach what is good. 4By doing this they will teach the younger women to love their husbands and children. 5They will teach them to be wise and pure, to take care of their homes, to be kind, and to be willing to serve their husbands. Then no one will be able to criticize the teaching God gave us. 6In the same way, tell the young men to be wise.
Romans 12:1-2 NLT
And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all He has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind He will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship Him. 2Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
• How should husbands and wives treat one another in a truly Christ-centered home?
• Why is in important for the church to be an inter-generational fellowship?
• Paraphrase what Romans 12 says about being a faithful disciple of Christ.
1. Pray for our church to develop strong ministries to support and disciple adults – so that we might grow strong, Christ-centered families and marriages.
2. Pray for the marriages in our church to be protected, strengthened and healed.
3. Pray for rich fellowship, guidance and teaching to develop between the older and younger generations.
4. Pray for our ministry to single adults and parents to become more clearly defined and develop into a helpful resource for these individuals and families.
5. Pray for our Men’s Ministry and Women’s Ministry to be effective at growing disciples.
6. Pray for God to give wisdom, direction and provide leadership for our ministry to single adults.
7. Pray for our Marriage and Family Ministry and leaders, Gus and