Acts 2:44-45 NIV
All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need.
2 Corinthians 9:6-9 GW
Remember this: The farmer who plants a few seeds will have a very small harvest. But the farmer who plants because he has received God's blessings will receive a harvest of God's blessings in return. 7Each of you should give whatever you have decided. You shouldn't be sorry that you gave or feel forced to give, since God loves a cheerful giver. 8Besides, God will give you his constantly overflowing kindness. Then, when you always have everything you need, you can do more and more good things. 9Scripture says, "The righteous person gives freely to the poor. His righteousness continues forever."
Malachi 3:7-8 CEV
But if you return to me, I will return to you. And yet you ask, "How can we return?" 8You people are robbing me, your God. And, here you are, asking, "How are we robbing you?" You are robbing me of the offerings and of the ten percent (tithe) that belongs to me.
•How does the example of the early church inspire you to be generous?
•What does God promise to those who give generously?
•What does God warn to those who give less than generously?
•If everyone gave generously to the church, how might it allow us to be a stronger church for our community and world?
•How are you doing in being a faithful and generous giver of your time, talents and treasure?
1. Pray for yourself and our church – that God would move in the hearts of every person to give generously and joyfully of our time, talents and treasure.
2. Pray for more and more people to joyfully give at least a tithe of their income (10%) as the beginning of their generosity toward the church and God’s work in the world.
3. Pray that our church leaders will have integrity and wisdom in managing our finances.
4. Pray for God’s provision and our generosity toward …
- Legacy Building Fund. To pay off our current debt as quickly as possible so we can complete the remodeling of our new building.
- General Fund. For our day to day, week to week ministries.
- Other needs that arise – especially for outreach to our world and community, such as Soles4Souls, Manna Pack, Gospel Rescue Mission, Rivers of Mercy Orphanage, etc.